Perimeter detection requires knowing not only what devices to use but how best manage their placement to maximize the effect while maintaining affordability. This course is the first in the perimeter detection series. It defines perimeter detection, identifies the key devices and walks through the basic strategy for deploying a system in both residential and commercial applications.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Comprehend the physical barriers that constitute a building perimeter
- Understand the role of intrusion detection systems in protecting these perimeter barriers
- Acquire knowledge of perimeter sensor technology
- Discover the advantages and limitations of each type of perimeter sensor technology (pros and cons)
- Learn to choose the right combination of technologies for a particular building type and end-user application (residential and commercial)